1. Prepare your face with a favorite moisturizer. I recently love Lumene Valo due to SPF 15 protection and tiny amount of shimmer which gives your skin just the right amount of 'glow within' look.However, always go with your complexion and individual preferences.
2. Apply CC cream. My personal favorites this summer are Lumene Time Freeze CC Cream and Physicians Formula Organic Wear CC Cream. They are affordable and do a great job. The thing about CC creams is that they are lightweight, moisturizing and giving you additional healthy glow. And remember that you can always build coverage. Just choose your perfect tone and play with it. Also do not forget that CC Creams have UV protection within them like these two favorites of mine which is a pleasant bonus.
3. Conceal. You can miss this step if you are not a big fan of correction but I recommend to get rid of everything your CC cream couldn't deal with by itself. Apply concealer locally and only a tiny amount where it is really necessary. We are going for a natural look, not for a face mask. Currently I am loving NYX HD Concealer which is light/medium coverage but easily blendable. Usually I blend it with my fingertips and formula melts on my skin.
4. Use bronzer. As soon as you are going with warm golden tones, remember that you need extra shades on your face. Apply a little bit on your cheek bones to emphasize your natural face shape. I love Sephora Collection MicroSmooth Correcting Trio as well as Rimmel Bronzer.
5. Apply fresh rosy blush. Many girls apply brownish shades in summer. Unless you have a really tan skin, brown toned blush will make you look too sharp or even couple years older. That is why I prefer natural pinky shades as if you just came back from the sitting under the sun. My current ones are Maybelline Cream Blush, Wet and Wild Higlighter & Blush Palette and all time classics Bourjous Blush.
6. Choose warm sunset colors for your eye makeup. I usually apply peach base and put warm brown in crease blending with burgundy or orange tones depending on my mood. Perfect palettes for these are of course, Morphe Brushes 35O or for example, cheaper palette like Morphe Brushes 25B or even cheaper dupe of 25B from Allwon (try to look it up on Amazon).
7. Fill in your brows. Don't paint them like you are creating an oil painting just fill them in with a powder of gel. My go to is Benefit Gimme Brow. Gives you a great volume and fills in the spaces.
8. Don't forget about waterline. You can go with white eye pencil but for a softer look I prefer pearly pinkish white pencils like NYX Wonder Pencil.
9. Apply your favorite mascara. Volume, length or both - you choose.
10. Apply nude lipstick. I prefer matte liquid ones because they are tent to survive longer under the heat and humid like NYX Lingerie or Sephora Collection liquid creams.
11.Use highlighter. I am in love with shimmers and highlighters. My current obsession is NYX Away We Glow which has a perfect rose gold shade which reminds me of NARS Orgasm a lot.
12. Set. This step is totally optional but I recommend to do it especially if you are going out and want to prolong your makeup. I use Evian Thermal Water Spray. It is natural (I mean how much more organic can you be) and also it is slightly mattifying which an excellent perk for summer oily skin.
Please let me know what is your summer go to makeup and favorite summer products.