If you are reading this post it means that you are on the right way in your life. Life full of adventures and challenges. It would be hard, it would be breath-taking but the most importantly - it would be your unique way. Today I am not going to talk about fashion or beauty. I am going to talk with you about your passion.
You can call it in many ways: passion, career, profession or hobby which brings you money.
What do you need? Please prepare a notebook or just a sheet of paper and a pen. Breathe deeply, smile and let's begin.
1. Things I like to do. This exercise is very easy. Please write down a list of things you like to do. The more you write the better. But how to start? Imagine that you have a day off and you're absolutely free to do whatever you want. What activities you will be up to? Even if it looks hard from the first look, trust me, there is something. You will not stare at the wall whole day, won't you?)) The important thing is to write what you WANT to do, not what you have to. Don't write "laundry" or "organizing my closet' unless these activities really bring you joy. For example, it can be writing, painting, knitting, cooking... You can even mention a workout if you're in love with this part of your healthy routine. Try to write not less then 50 activities.
After you finished with your list, try to rank them. Let's say the most enjoyable activity you will give 10, the least - 1. Of course, it is going to be hard because all of them are supposed to be joyful and bringing pleasure but this part is really important cause you will realize that some of your favorite activities are "fake-favorite". And depending on that. you will create your top-10 activities which will be a starting point in finding your passion.
2. Things I am good at. Well, do not freak out. I know it s hard to evaluate yourself but your experience will help you. You heard from your friends things like: "I wish I could do braids like you do" or "You are such a good listener!". And of course in school there were subjects in which you were better than others. Even if National History does not seems to be useful in terms of your career please include it in your list. When you start to struggle, call your mom, your best friends, ask your co-workers at least.
Ok, now again you are supposed to rank all skills (or not really skills)) ) from your list. Again the most enjoyable ones you give 10, the least - 1. Do not rank them according how good you are. Rank them basing on what you like to do.
3. My mission. It does not matter whether you believe that everyone has a mission in this life or not, but even from professional point of view you need to have a bog goal in your life, some sort of utopia mission, like perfect aim where you want to see yourself. Think as global as possible. I will help you.
I _________________ want to influence this world by doing________________ and helping______________.
There are two crucial parts in formulating your mission. First, it has to include what exactly you want to do. And second, who you are going to influence.
For example, I want to influence this world by feeding homeless pets. I want to influence this world by helping women all around the world to discover their inner strength. I want to influence this world by making life of elderly people easier.
What and who are always connected. Your mission can be local. For example. you want to influence people of your city, or your area... It does not matter. Just write it down to estimate the scale of your Big Mission.
"But I don't want to be an altruist". Influencing others is not about being an altruist, it is how life works. When talking to stranger in a subway, you're already influencing each others.
Please keep in mind that most likely you will not achieve that Big Mission. It is something where you're always striving to get. It is something which your values are based on.
4. My role models. I don't like this term - role model, to be honest. I prefer that everyone will be their own role model but there are some people you can get inspiration from. They can be celebrities which values you share or your personal heroes, your friends or people you met only once in your life. Make a least of 5-10 people who inspire you and write down which part of their personality and their work you like the most.
5. My rules. These rules are about your career. They are more like your values but formulated as rules. Think how you imagine your dream job. Is it an office job or freelance? is is a big team or you work by yourself? Do you have a boss or you are running a company? What kind of corporate culture do you want to have? Who are your coworkers. are they creative or more organized, friendly or reserved? Think about all these things. What is good for one person, not necessarily will work for you.
So, next time you will apply for job, you will make sure that "your rules" are part of position you are applying for.
So, that was it for today. Of course, it is not the last post about passion and career. This post is just a point where you can start to follow your passion.First, discover it, and later we will talk about how to fulfill your dreams.
Good luck, my dear! )))